(copied from Kendra’s blog)
1.) How do you hold your fabric? I stitch in hand so I roll the fabric up from the left side and hold the roll with my left hand.
2) Floss licker? yes!
3) How do you thread your needle? With spit and patience. I usually lick the ends, try to poke it through the eye, mangle one or two strands, cut off the mangled end, lick it again, and so on.
5) Are you a needle loser? not really…I think I’ve lost 1 in my stitching life
6) What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? linen; Belfast & Country French are my faves but I also sometimes stitch on Aida, and I like evenweaves, too. A better question for me would probably be, “which fabric do you dislike” and I’d have to answer the afghan fabric is (so far) the only one I really detest.
7) Bobbins or floss bags? neither! Here’s a post (with pictures) of how I store my floss
8) Are you a scissors collector? well, sort of. I guess. I have about 16 pairs, I think.
9) Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? Yep, I do my own. I have used both methods… depends on the size and intended use of the piece.
10) Are you a floss floozy? I’ve never heard this expression! What does it mean? I probably am one anyway.
11) Silk? Love it… I don’t stitch with it much, but I love the feel of it :)
12) Railroader? almost never! (I’m a messy stitcher)
13) Are you a pattern or designer snob? I don’t think so… I like (and buy!) a wide variety of designs
14) Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? No. I continue to give my family stitched gifts, although I’m never quite sure they wouldn’t rather have something ‘bought’. I guess it’s because it’s something I can do, and enjoy doing. It’s really a way of giving of myself; even if they don’t see it that way, the meaning is there.
15) Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? even I had nine lives like a cat, I could never stitch all the charts I have!
16) Do you wash your projects? Hmmm. I’m not against the idea, I just haven’t needed to so far.
Anyone else do this one?
***Thursday’s doorprize winner was Sharon C. from Kansas***