1. Katie is sick, and I’m pretty worried about her. She didn’t come to bed with me on Friday night (she has always gone to sleep when I do), and Saturday morning she was just not herself. A visit to the vet revealed an unknown mass in her abdomen, and we’re scheduled to go back for another xray and/or ultrasound on Friday… but I may need to take her back in tomorrow morning because she seems a little uncomfortable at times. She’s resting now, thank goodness.
2. We have another Winter storm headed this way… will it ever stop? I can’t tell you how much I hate snow, ice, cold– all of Winter, really. It makes me sad and crabby, and I don’t like feeling that way. Well, who does? LOL I wonder if there’s any place on Earth where it’s perpetually Fall? (If you know of such a place, please let me know) Here’s what NOAA has to say about this new storm rolling in:
Please pardon the gripe… I do realize that I have it easy compared to a lot of you, especially my Alaskan friend, Jen. (I wouldn’t last 2 days in her world LOL)
3. On the bright side of things, I had a teeny finish! Lizzie Kate ornament from 2004 JCS mag:
4. I’ve recently discovered CSI (the classic version) and I’m completely hooked. There are reruns all over the place, so I’ve captured an average of 3 episodes per day on my DVR… makes for good stitching time. One thing in particular strikes me about this show: they use flashlights all the time. I mean, do none of the places they investigate have electricity? (obviously hitting the light switch isn’t in the training manual) Find a body in broad daylight? Quick, hand me a flashlight…
5. Tired of those squirrels getting into your bird feeders? Order this book:
Me, I love squirrels. A lack of yard squirrels is one of the biggest things I miss about city living. Out here, in rural-ville, people eat them. I use to feed them (on purpose!) when we lived down in civilization, but I’d just be fattening them up for the neighbors if I did that here.
When I was a kid, I had 2 squirrels named Nutmeg and Scooter. They lived in the space between the screen and glass in my bedroom window. of course my parents didn’t know about them for the longest time, but when my mother started asking me why I never wore an expensive cashmere sweater she bought for me, I had to ‘fess up that I had ‘loaned’ it to my squirrels for nesting material. That didn’t go over too well, and that was the end of the window nest. I did, however, receive a new window screen.
6. Did y’all know about keyboard stickers?? I didn’t know such a thing existed… kinda neat:
7. today’s blinkie: